SORC skippers have previously attended this superb event, and even scored a 1-2 last year with SImom Mitchell on "Roxanne" winning overall. It starts in Le Havre on 23rd June and goes to Deauville, Fecamp , Courseulles , St Vaast La Hougue and finishes in Le Havre on 29th
The Normandie Solo is not a SORC event and is independent to the SORC Series, but we are happy to support our like minded French friends.
Pictures from last year
For more information and to 'pre - register' online go to the Normandie Solo website at www.normandiesolo.org/normandiesolo.
- Entry and payment is on arrival but we would like to give the SNPH organising committee an idea of numbers as soon as possible so please pre - register.
- The racing organisation is excellent with daily briefings, windward line starts with a committee boat and observed finishes.
- Racing is competitive and with the mixed fleet and two classes rivalry and friendships develop through the week with everyone learning something new to take home with them.
- Sponsorship from the local ports , suppliers and businesses make this a great value event with berthing and evening meals as well as prizes included in the entry fee.
- The club is manned by volunteers who put a huge effort into this for us.
Racing is under the French OSIRIS / HN system. Certificates are valid for 5 years and cost a fraction of IRC. If you don’t already have a valid HN certificate please contact Simon Mitchell - firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and he will point you in the right direction.
Please let Simon know when you have registered or if you have any queries he will advise or coordinate information for the SORC delegation.