The famous RIOW Race is a unique solo yacht race around the Isle of WIght. Always a keenly contested marathon, the vagaries of the wind and tides add to the already significant challenge of racing solo. This is the race every SORC skipper wants to win!
Where: The race will start and finish off Cowes after a circum-navigation of the Isle of Wight. Start time is 06:30 BST.
- Prizes will be awarded for individual classes and overall
- The overall winner on corrected time under IRC wins "The Anticipation Cup"
- The first IRC boat on elapsed time wins the Watermark Trophy
- There will be a prize for the first Rookie under IRC
- Race Directors Discretionary Prize
Friday night social: For those arriving in Cowes on the Friday there will be a social to be announced at a local hostelry circa 1930-2000hrs.
Saturday night social: The RIOW Prize Giving will be followed by dinner at a venue to be arranged. You pay for your own dinner on the night.
Berthing: Fleet berthing, with a Fleet Discount, will be reserved in Cowes on the Friday and Saturday night.
The Entry Fee includes a commemorative item of clothing. There will also be bottle prizes, the Anticipation Cup for the top boat on IRC, and the Watermark Trophy presented for line honours.
A Virtual Mark off the Needles will be set to stop any rock hopping or wreck dodging!!!
SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: Will be available to download here in due course
* A LATE ENTRY fee surcharge of 25% will apply within 7 days of the start. Enter Early!!
** Save money by entering the whole Inshore Series - ENTER WHOLE INSHORE SERIES
The follow people have entered this race to date.
||Sun Fast 3200
||Sun Fast 3200
||Oyster Lightwave 395
||Sigma 362 - winged keel